the Staff Selection Commission made the SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023 and the official announcement available On December 6, 2022, On ssc.nic.in, SSC CHSL 2023 syllabus has been made available. Candidates are recommended to consult the curriculum as they study for the SSC CHSL exam.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023
For the positions of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA), Sorting Assistant (SA), etc., SSC administers the Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (CHSL).
The SSC CHSL recruitment announcement has been made public by the Staff Selection Commission. The candidate should review the SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023 if they intend to sit for the test or wish to begin studying for it. They must all be familiar with the most recent SSC CHSL Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
|Recruiting Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of the Exam||Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) Exam|
|Job Location||Across India|
The Board will conduct the CBT Written Exam Tier-I and II, the skill test/typing test, the document verification (DV), among other procedures, before appointing the candidates.
SSC CHSL Stages 2023
Aspirants will be interested to know how many stages the SSC CHSL is conducted in addition to learning the curriculum for SSC CHSL 2023. Aspirants can view the stages in which the SSC CHSL test will be held in 2023 from the following table.
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice (CBT)|
|Tier – II||Subjective Paper in English/Hindi|
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
The SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam will only include questions with an objective type and multiple choice options. For Parts II, III, and IV, the questions will be given in both English and Hindi. For each incorrect response, 0.50 marks will be deducted from the final score. As a result, candidates are urged to consider this as they respond to the questions.
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50||60 minutes (80 Minutes for PWD candidates)|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
Except for Module II of Section III, the SSC CHSL Tier-II will only have Objective Type, Multiple Choice questions. Except for Module II (the English Language and Comprehension module) in Section II, the questions will be written in English and Hindi. For each incorrect response in Section I, Section II, and Module I of Section III, one mark will be deducted. Therefore, it is essential that candidates remember this while they respond to the questions.
|Session||Section||Modules||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Session-I (2 hours and 15 minutes)||Section 1||Module-1||Mathematical Abilities||30||90||1 hour|
|Module-2||Reasoning and General Intelligence||30||90|
|Section 2||Module-1||English Language and Comprehension||40||90||1 hour|
|Section 3||Module-1||Computer Knowledge Module||15||45||15 minutes|
|Session II (25 minutes)||Section 3||Module-2||· Skill Test/ Typing Test Module-
· Part A- Skill Test for DEOs
· Part B: Typing Test for LDC/ JSA
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023 Download
The SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam is taken online using a computer. The questions from the following four subjects make up the SSC CHSL question paper.
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- English Language
Detailed SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023 – Subject wise for Tier I and Tier II can be downloaded from the official website or by using the below link.
SSC CHSL Bharti Exam 2023 Selection Process
The following are the minimum passing scores for the Tier I, Section I, Section II, and Module I of Section III of the Tier II Examination.
|All Other Categories||20%|
- On the basis of their performance in the Tier-I Examination, candidates will be shortlisted for the Tier-II Examination. To establish merit and make the ultimate decision, candidates’ normalized scores will be considered.
- There may be different category-based cut-offs in Tier-I and subsequent Tiers for different posts, such as I DEO/DEO Grade “A” and (ii) LDC/JSA.
- Tier-II Examination will be held for all candidates qualified in Tier-I. All candidates for Tier-II must show up for each of the three sections.
- To advance to Tier-II, candidates must pass all of the sections.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for evaluation of Section-III of Tier-II Examination based on the overall performance in Section-I and Section-II of Tier-II Examination.
- Candidates who do not meet the requirements in Sections I and II will not be evaluated in Section III and will not be given consideration in the next round of hiring.
- Tier-II section III is qualifying in nature, meaning that the computer knowledge test and the skill test/typing test are both qualifying modules. All qualified candidates must pass the DEO skill test.
- The typing test is required for all positions other than DEOs.
- Prior to announcing the final findings, the Commission will use an online choice form on its website to elicit candidates’ preferences for various posts and departments.
- If an applicant does not declare a desire to work for a ministry, department, or organisation, his application will be rejected.
- Options provided must be deemed final and cannot be changed later for any reason. Because of this, candidates should carefully consider their options.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023 Preparation Strategies
Here are some helpful hints for preparing for the SSC CHSL 2023 exam so that applicants can benefit from it:
- Spending time gathering numerous reference books is time wasted. Instead, invest in a few books and devote yourself to studying them.
- Take brief notes as you are prepared. Long notes should be avoided since they will take up more time during revision.
- Don’t overburden it with ambitious objectives. Focus on completing quick goals.
- To keep your body and mind in good shape, maintain your health.
- While studying, take brief breaks.
- Solve papers from prior years. To gauge your performance, take practise exams.
- Spend no time at all on social media.
A merit list will be released based on the exam results the candidates received. The document verification process and post preference process will be used by candidates chosen on the basis of merit to indicate the post or department they want to be assigned to.
Now all the applicants are advised to download the SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023 and start preparing vigorously to be meritorious in the exams.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Exam Scheme PDF Link||Check Here|