On 16 January 2021, CoWIN Portal was launched by the Government Of India for COVID-19 vaccination services. Indian citizens can book slots to take vaccine doses through this portal, who already have taken vaccine dose(s) can download the certificate of their vaccination. As of 09 January 2023, more than 2 billion doses of various vaccines of SARS-CoV-2 had been given to individuals.
CoWIN is an online portal developed and managed by Government of India, the portal is accessible at https://cowin.gov.in/, you may visit here to book slots, download certificates, update your mobile number, etc. The portal can be easily accessed from anywhere in India using a mobile or desktop device. Crores of Indian citizens have already been vaccinated, if you have not yet got any dose of vaccination then you may book your slot to get the first dose of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine.
|Owned by||Government Of India|
|Launch Date||January 16, 2021|
|Number Of Vaccinations||200 Crores +|
|Vaccine Name||Covovax, Corbevax, Covaxin & Covishield|
|Age Group||12 to 59 Years|
If you are one of the millions of citizens, who already have taken the first or both doses of COVID-19 and have not yet downloaded the vaccination certificate then you can download it by visiting the portal’s official website. It is pretty easy and simple to use the Co-WIN Portal, you just have to provide your Mobile Number to book a vaccination slot or download the certificate. If you are facing any error at the time slot booking or certificate downloading, you ask it in the comments section.
Co-WIN Portal Slot Booking
Indian citizens of age group 12-59 can book slot for vaccination through the CoWIN Portal, Teenagers of the age group 12-17 can get Covovax, Corbevax, Covaxin vaccine, and adults of age group 18-59 can get Covishield, gap between two doses of different vaccines vary from one another, for Covovax, Corbevax, Covaxin and Covishield gap is 3 weeks, 4 week, 4 to 6 weeks, and 12 to 16 weeks, respectively. To do slot booking an individual must have an active Mobile Number and Voter ID Card or any other document.
Go through the step-by-step, which is available below and book slots to get vaccinated.
- Go to Co-WIN Portal’s official website, which can be assessed at cowin.gov.in/.
- Tap on the option of Book Your Slot.
- Enter your Mobile Number and tap on the GET OTP button.
- Fill in a six-digit OTP and hit the Verify & Proceed button.
- Provide your basic details: Name, Gender, Year Of Birth, Photo ID Proof, and Photo ID Number to book your slot.
Co-WIN Portal Download Vaccination Certificate
If you have taken the first, both, or even precaution dose then you are eligible to get a vaccination certificate, individuals must know that those who only have jabbed first dose will get a partially vaccinated certificate, and those who already have taken both and even precautions can download a fully vaccinated certificate.
You also know that you will be only able to download your COVID-19 vaccination certificate if you have the mobile number, which you have registered or given for registration at the time of vaccination. If you have that mobile number, then go through the procedure, which is available below and download your vaccination certificate and make a print copy.
- Navigate to the official website of the Co-WIN at cowin.gov.in/.
- You will find an option the Register / Sign In in the header menu-bar, tap on this option.
- Now, you need to fill in that Mobile Number, which you have registered at the time of vaccination. Enter the required detail and tap on the GET OTP.
- After tapping on the above mentioned option, you will get an OTP on the entered Mobile Number, fill in that in the text box and hit the Verify & Proceed button.
- Now, you will find an option of Download under the section of Certificate, tap on it and download your vaccination certificate.
If you don’t have the mobile number, which you have registered at the time of 1st dose vaccination, then you need to visit your nearest COVID-19 vaccination centre and ask the vaccinator to update the new mobile number, then you will be able to download your certificate of vaccination.