The CBSE Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 has been updated for the 2022-23 school year. This year, the board will conduct only one exam, effectively ending the term-based examination system as per the revised CBSE Board Exam Pattern 2022 Class 12. However, some subject syllabus reductions will be implemented for this session as well. The CBSE Term 2 exam 2022 will include all subjective questions. In the Term 2 exam, there will be no objective type questions. Each subject will take a total of two hours. The CBSE 12th syllabus has been reduced by 30% for the 2022-23 school year. The CBSE Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 has been released by the board for all subjects.
CBSE Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23
The old test schedule, which was used up to 2020, will be implemented by CBSE during the academic year 2022–2023. There will be one exam per year, in accordance with the updated CBSE Board Exam Pattern 2022 Class 12. Every subject will receive a total of 100 marks (80 in written exam and 20 in internals and viva). For the academic year 2022–2023, the syllabus has also been altered in addition to the CBSE Total Marks For 12th 2022. The 30% decrease is still in effect, though.
You may find some key details about the CBSE Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 in the table below.
|Name of the Exam||Central Board of Secondary Education Class 12 Board Examination/ CBSE Class 12 Board Exams|
|Conducting Organization||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Level||National level mode|
|Mode of Registration||Offline via the school for regular students Online for private students registration|
|Registration Fees||Rs. 1500/- for five subjects and Rs. 300/- per additional subject|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Class 12 Language Subjects||English, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Sanskrit, Tamil, Malayalam, Urdu, Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, etc.|
|Class 12 Academic Subjects||Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Studies, Social Studies, Economics, Accountancy, Political Science, etc.|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in a year|
The CBSE Class 12 Syllabus will be 30% shorter for various courses in accordance with the revised CBSE Board Exam Pattern 2022 Class 12. The CBSE will make public the detailed split. There will be 25–27 questions covering Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics in the academic year 2022–2023 (AY). The specific modifications in CBSE Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 are as follows:
- Multiple choice questions in English Language and Literature: There will be multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks, and synonym/antonym from unseen passages in English Language and Literature.
- Biology Assertion and Reason Based Questions: The board has eliminated multiple-choice questions from Biology and replaced them with assertion and reason-based questions. There will be approximately 5 one-mark questions, but they will be more descriptive in nature. In Biology, candidates are advised not to write answers in one word form.
CBSE Board Exam Pattern 2022 Class 12
For a better understanding of the CBSE Total Marks For 12th 2022, students can refer to the exam pattern provided below:
|Competency Based Questions [Multiple Choice Questions, Case Studies, Source based Integrated Questions etc.].||30% (Minimum)|
|Objective Type Questions||20%|
|Short Answer/Long Answer Questions||50% [As Per Existing Pattern]|
CBSE Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 Marking Scheme (+/- Marking)
On the Central Board of Secondary Education’s official website, students can view the CBSE Marks Distribution For Class 12. The exam is divided into two phases. The first is conceptual, whereas the second is Practical. For academic and language-related disciplines, theory classes are graded from 80 to 70 points. While math, physics, chemistry, biology, and computer science have practical tests. Candidates can check the entire CBSE Board Exam Pattern 2022 Class 12 from the details provided below for their convenience:
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours
- Types of Questions: Multiple choice questions and subjective type questions
- Medium of Question: English for Academic Subjects. Furthermore, it depends on the Language subject.
- Maximum Marks for Theory: 80 or 70 Marks
- Maximum Marks for the Practical exam: 20 or 30 Marks
The three primary streams of the CBSE Class 12 board exam are Science, Commerce, and Arts. Below, for your convenience, is the CBSE Class 12 test schedule:
- Some class 12 CBSE subjects are the same for all stream students.
- The duration is three hours in total.
- The following types of questions are typically included in the question paper:
- Very Short Answer Questions (1 mark each),
- Short Answer Type Questions-I (2 marks each),
- Short Answer Type Questions-II (3 marks each),
- Value-based Questions (4 marks),
- Long Answer Type Questions (5 marks each).
CBSE Class 12 Paper Pattern 2022-23
Physics, Chemistry, and Biology questions for the CBSE Class 12 examination will be same. There will be separate categories for assessments, practical exams, and written exams. Assessments and practical will receive 30 marks, and the written test will receive the remaining 70 marks.
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Marks Allotted for Practical||30 marks|
|Marks Allotted for Theory||70 marks|
|Very Short Answer Questions||5 questions|
|Short Answer Questions||5 questions|
|Long Answer Questions (3 Marks each)||12 questions|
|Long Answer Questions (4 marks each)||1 Question|
|Long Answer Questions (5 Marks each)||3 questions|
CBSE Class 12 English Core Exam Pattern 2022-23
|Duration of Exam||3 hours 15 minutes|
|Full Marks||100 (80 for theory and 20 for internals)|
|Total Number of Questions||14 Questions|
|MCQ/one-word answer questions||2 Questions (Mosty from unseen passages)|
|Short Answer Type (2 marks each)||3 Questions (Choice Available)|
|Long Answer Type Questions (4 marks each)||1 Question (Choice Available)|
|Short Answer Type (5 marks each)||2 Questions (Choice Available)|
|Long Answer Type (6 marks each)||5 Questions (Choice Available)|
|Very Long Answer Type (10 marks each)||2 Questions (Choice Available)|
CBSE Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 Qualifying Criteria
According to the most recent CBSE Marks Distribution For Class 12, a subject must receive 33% of the possible points in theory, practical, and internal assessments in order to pass the board exam. The students must also have a minimum cumulative score of 33% in order to pass the board exam. The internal assessment syllabus for the CBSE 12th grade has also altered, and the split of marks will be as it was in the pre-covid era, with 70 for written and 30 for practical and assessments.
- When calculating final grades, the marks earned in both the practical and internal assessments will be combined.
- If necessary, grace marks for one topic will be given on a scale of two to five.
- Candidates who received aggregate marks of 33% or more but less than 33 in any subject must sit for the supplemental exam.
One of the most crucial points in a student’s academic career is the Class 12 board test. The success of applicants in the class 12 boards determines admission to higher courses. We therefore hope that this information about the CBSE Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 will be helpful to you. For further updates, keep checking back to this page.